Everybody is doing it these days – well, the majority of celebrities are anyhow.
It’s not all face lifts, botox, boob jobs and tummy tucks – cosmetic dentistry is also very popular in celebrity land and Parma dentists can help you get that Hollywood smile.
- People actually choose this type of dental work for a number of different reasons:
They need a smile which is “whiter than white” with rows of gleaming pearly teeth to help advance their career
- Some of these techniques can help to make a big difference to a person’s appearance which can give them a boost in confidence to help them in various ways during their life
- Some people need to utilize the expertise of a cosmetic dentist for re-construction work after some sort of accident or were born with crooked and unsightly teeth
Here is a quick guide to some of the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedures:
- Teeth Whitening – Teeth start to lose their whiteness with age and some people have teeth which are naturally yellow. People whose teeth have been stained due to food, drink (red wine is the worst culprit) or tobacco will often opt for this relatively simple and affordable procedure.
- Veneers – This procedure is very useful to deal with someone who has a mouth which is overcrowded with teeth or cover up broken teeth, teeth which are extremely badly stained or to close up unsightly gaps. The veneer will increase the overall dimensions of each tooth making them thicker, longer and squarer. This is then bonded to the original tooth utilizing a chemical bonding agent.
- Teeth Straightening – can be achieved in a couple of different ways. One way is to use cosmetic procedures and the other uses orthodontics. People may need this type of treatment if they have crowded teeth, particularly if their teeth tilt or are crooked. Apart from looking unattractive this can make it difficult to clean between the teeth properly with trapped food leading to potential tooth decay and gum disease problems.
- Bridges – this technique can be used to close up a gap or to bridge a gap made by a missing tooth. The usual technique is to make a unit from metal with three crowns so that the bridge can be fixed to the teeth at each side of the problem gap. The middle crown is a replacement tooth and the two outer crowns are hollow to fit over the original teeth.
- White Fillings – these can make a big difference to the appearance of people with chipped teeth and small gaps between their teeth. They are used to fill in the gaps without the unsightly coloring of the more usual fillings which dentists will ordinarily use.
There are a great many places which will provide a variety of dental procedures which can help to enhance the appearance and the functionality of your teeth. It’s not only movie stars and other celebrities who can benefit from an even white smile – it’s a real confidence booster which can make the world of difference to anybody who feels slightly uncomfortable or embarrassed about their teeth.
Have a look at this Tumblr page for some interesting dentistry info.